Hire An Attorney To Assist With Serious Injury Claims

It’s a fact of life that car accidents happen every day, across the country. Hopefully, you have never been involved in a serious or life-threatening accident, but any car accident can be a major nuisance to your health, finances, and well-being. It is best to have an attorney to call that deals with serious injury claims.

Specific Steps to Follow

If you are in an accident, there are certain steps you need to take: file a police report, contact your insurance company and document any injuries or medical visits. But, you should also hire a car accident attorney that specializes in personal injury. Generally, minor accidents like fender benders are easy to handle without an attorney present.

Minor Injuries

If no one is injured or killed in the accident, most of the time, it can be handled through the insurance company. However, if someone is injured or killed, they may need additional help from someone who is familiar with how to proceed legally in these types of situations. You should still consult with a personal injury attorney so you can get the details on how to handle any case. If you are at fault and the other person has a minor injury, some people will still try to file a lawsuit against you. And so, it is important to be prepared for that.

Serious Injuries

In the event that you are involved in a car accident, you can suffer serious injuries and damages that result in high medical bills, lost wages, and long recovery periods. It is important to understand who is responsible for paying those expenses after an accident. Usually, the person responsible for the accident is responsible for paying the other driver’s expenses, but it’s not always that simple. Have a good understanding of how auto insurance works. It can help you be prepared for these stressful situations.

When the Police Arrives

If you are involved in a car accident, the first thing you should always do is check for injuries and call a police officer to the scene to file a police report. If the accident was not your fault, make sure you or the officer write down the contact information for the other driver and their insurance company. Take photos of vehicle damage, license plates, and any other details from the accident scene.

Keep Records

After the initial collision, be sure to contact your auto insurance and health insurance company to notify them of the accident. Save all receipts or bills for medical expenses. You will need to send them to the at-fault driver’s insurance provider for compensation. You must keep a detailed record of all expenses related to the accident.

The Initial Period

Whether or not you are at fault for an accident, be very cautious about what you say to the other driver or first responders. Even saying “I’m sorry” indicates liability and could be used against you when the insurance company determines a settlement. Ultimately, the insurance company decides what percentage of the fault belongs to you and what percentage belongs to the other driver involved. Depending on the situation, fault can be difficult to determine. In that case, the insurance company will conduct an investigation before reaching a final conclusion on how much you owe or are owed.

Hiring An Attorney

You should especially consider hiring an attorney if drunk or distracted drivers are involved in the accident. An experienced attorney can help you navigate the legal waters to receive compensation for injuries, medical bills, lost wages, damage to your vehicle, and even the loss of a loved one. If you are in doubt about whether or not to hire an attorney, it is better to be safe than sorry. Hiring a personal injury attorney early for serious injury claims can help you avoid making mistakes that will cost you a lot of money in the long run. There is usually a short time frame to file a personal injury claim after an accident.

Consult an Attorney

An attorney can help you ensure that you don’t miss any important time to receive the compensation you deserve. Locate and contact a qualified law firm for all the help you need, if you have any serious injury claims.

Comments are closed.