Sexual abuse is a horrible, terrible, and tragic crime. Anybody can be a victim of sexual assault, both young and old. Sexual abuse is when a person is threatened and forced to have sex against his/her will. Often times the abuser takes advantage of the victim by using a threat to make him/her scared. You must know and understand that sexual abuse doesn’t have to involve sex; it can be something inappropriate like forced touch, kiss or fondling.
Unfortunately, the case of sexual assault is becoming very rampant and common. So many people that have been abused sexually are quiet about their plight, which is understandable considering the magnitude of the trauma. If you were once a victim of sexual abuse, you may know that reporting that case to the proper authorities may start a criminal case investigation, which may be backed up by civil charges. A civil case involves a different burden of proof, and you can be awarded financial compensation to right the wrong.
Sexual abuse cases require a priest abuse lawyer california who is well experienced in civil tort laws.
A tort is a wrongful act that has caused emotional or economic damage to a person and which the accused has legal liability. Priest abuse lawyers cover civil torts of all kind that has resulted in damages but note here that not all priest abuse lawyers have good experience with sexual cases.
However, you must select a priest abuse lawyer who has experience in this type of case and can represent you well.
Below are services that a priest abuse lawyer with notable experience in sexual case will render and make available for you.
* They will help you understand the different and various requirements involved in filing a case, including a statute of limitations.
* Legal knowledge will be opened to you in regards to your choice for seeking compensation and info about other ways of assistance and resources that might be available for you.
* A resolution about the liability of all the people involved in the case.
* They will help you see the value of your case. It can either be economic or non-economic costs. Economic cost includes medical treatment for injuries sustained, sexually transmitted disease, therapy to deal with the emotional weight, pregnancy, and other medical expenses. Non-economic weight includes; anxiety, loss of peace, distress, depression, and every other thing that you suffered due to the abuse.
* Assistance in getting the damage award that is due to you.
* Attending all pre-trial hearings and conferences on your behalf.
* Standing up for you on any appeals filed in by the defendant.