How to prepare H-1B Application
The H-1B visa is very important for international students who want to stay in the US after they successfully graduate from schools (if you need help to apply American schools, you can consult study agent, also known as留学中介). This article will provide some important information for people who want to apply H-1B visa, but if you have specific question, you should consult an immigrant lawyer (also known as 移民律师) for more information, such as how to prepare your h1b application materials (also known as h1b签证材料)
What is the H1B visa (also known as h1b签证) ?
The H1B visa is a work visa that is issued to employees of foreign nationality who have professional skills employed by US companies. H1b visa holders can work in the US for three years and then apply for the h1b extension for another three years, so the h1b visa is valid for a total of six years.
H1B application qualification
Foreign staff requirements:
(1) At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (if a degree obtained from a country other than the United States, a degree is required).If you do not have a required bachelor’s degree, you can use professional training or sufficient work experience to replace the qualifications. The official view of the Immigration Service is that three years of complete relevant work experience can replace one year of university education.
(2) The profession is related to the position.
(1) The position belongs to the specialized position “Specialty Occupation”.
(2) The position must be provided by a company located in the United States, and the application for H-1B must be made by the employer.
(3) Employee salaries must meet the current prevailing Wage published by the Department of Labor.
H-1B lottery (also known as h1b 抽签)•
H1B places: The average H1B work visa is only 6,5000 (H-1B Regular Cap) per year. In addition, there are 20,000 places each year for applicants who have obtained a master’s or master’s degree in the United States (H-1B Master’s Exemption). So the number of people who can get an H-1B visa every year is 85,000. Please note that under the US law implementing the H-1B1 program, H-1B1 plans to reserve 6,800 from 65,000 places in the H-1B Regular Cap for each fiscal year to Chilean and Singaporean citizens. Unused places will be moved to the next year. In addition, H-1B employees employed by higher education institutions, affiliated or related non-profit institutions, non-profit research institutions, or government research institutions of higher education institutions are not subject to H1B quotas, that is, no lottery is required.•
H1B lottery process: computer lottery. From April 1, 2019, H-1B adopted a new lottery system. The first round draws a total of 65,000 places from all applicants (regular applicants for Regular Cap). Applicants who have obtained a master’s degree or master’s degree in the first round without a winning lottery will enter the second round of draws and win 20,000 H-1B Master Exemption places.•
H1B Lottery Results: The H-1B draw result is not a one-time announcement. Please note: H-1B is not equal to H-1B approval! After the H-1B is signed, all the materials must be reviewed by the USCIS. After all the approvals are received, the approval notice from the Immigration Bureau will be considered as H-1B approval. If the H-1B has been signed but rejected during the material review phase, the fee will not be refunded.
H-1B application fee (also known as h1b律师费)
(1) I-129 application fee (felling fee): $460
(2) Education and Training Expenses (ACWIA): Employers have 25 or more full-time employees: $1,500; employers have fewer than 25 full-time employees: $750Note: Non-profit organizations, government research institutions, educational institutions, etc. do not need to pay this part of the fee.
(3) Anti-fraud costs: $500
(1) Expedited processing fee (optional): $1,410
(2) Public Law 114-113 Fee: If an employer employs 50 or more employees in the United States and more than half of the employees are H-1B or L-1, they are required to pay $4,000.
All fees must be submitted in the form of a check or money order. The “Department of Homeland Security” must be written on the cheque or money order. The abbreviation “DHS” or “USDHS” cannot be used.